Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Exceptionally Annoying Counter Help

Today I went to Wendy's, and decided to try one of those new Frescata Sandwiches they have been pushing so hard. As I waited in line, I noticed a very large sign behind the girl that was going to wait on me. It was about 5'x5', and prominently placed so that it was impossible to miss. It said "Ask for a Frescata, Dasani and Baked Lays!". That sounded pretty good to me, so when the girl said "May I take your order?" I replied exactly as on the sign "I'd like a Frescata Club, Dasani, and Baked Lays, please." She looked at me and said "A Frescata and what ?''. I repeated again, "Frescata Club, Dasani, and Baked Lays", then I added "Like on the sign". And I pointed.

She didn't even turn around to see what I was talking about, and said "So do you want the combo?" I replied that I wanted the combo if by combo she meant "with a Dasani and a Baked Lays". No response.

She banged awhile on the register and asked "What would you like to drink with that?" At this point I was beginning to think I was going insane. I wanted the combo EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE ON THE SIGN!!! But I kept calm and I said "A Dasani". She just stood there staring with a blank look on her face. "It's bottled water", I added helpfully. She finished up, I paid. And waited.

Of course, I doubt you will be surprised to find out that when they brought me my order, it was a Frescata, Dasani and fries. I said "I didn't order fries." The girl handing out the food froze with the bag in mid-air, looked at me, looked at the food and seemed very puzzled. "Well, what DID you order?"

"A Baked Lays, please." I wanted to add, "Like on the sign..."

But I knew it would do no good.

3 Comments:

Blogger darling said...

In cases like those I just repeat to myslf that Its her first day lol

Hope that you enjoyed with combo!
Cheers

2:02 PM  
Blogger Ivan Grozny said...

I used to work at All for a dollar. I was asked "How much is this?" all day long. Evenetually, I had to start fucking with the customers, so I'd turn to the back room and shout "Todd," [or Tom, if he was working] "HOw much is this?"

Todd would replay "What Aisle is it in?"

"Aisle number 2!"

"It's a dollar" I'd hear from the back room.

I'd turn to the customer and smile "It's a dollar, mam."

8:11 AM  
Blogger Ivan Grozny said...

CUT&PASTED FROM: http://snarkygirls.blogspot.com/

Another employee, after a man with an Eastern European accent, orders an iced coffee. “Here’s your water.”
Man: “I did not order water.”
Girl: “Are you sure?”
Man: “Yes. I’m sure. I order iced coffee.”
Girl: “Not water?”
Man: “No.”
Silence.
Girl: “Oh, well, I thought you said iced water.”
Man: “No. Iced coffee.” Pause. “Are you going to make me one?”
Girl: “An iced coffee?”
Man: “Yes. Please.”

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home