Thursday, November 02, 2006

My Dia De Los Muertos Shrine

I made this little shrine for Dia de los Muertos. Last night I lit all of the candles, and I will light them again tonight. After tonight Halloween, All Saints, All Souls, Samhain, and Dia de los Muertos will be over for another year.

For me this is the hardest part of the year. I am one of the few people left on this Earth who refuses to have anything to do with the Holiday That Does Not Know Its Place until after Thanksgiving. When I was a kid Thanksgiving was a really big deal. We decorated with corn and pumpkins and drew pictures of pilgrims and traced our hands and made turkeys.

Now, nobody cares aboout Thanksgiving. It is just an excuse to eat turkey, watch stupid football games and argue with your family.

But I will not give up. Over the next few weeks you can expect many Thanksgiving posts. And nothing for the Holiday That Does Not Know Its Place until I say so. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home