Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Yarmuth Won!

David and I got a nice surprise tonight when our underdog Democratic candidate won the election. I am sure Anne Northup is surprised that few people fell for her "oh, I was all about George Bush a while back, but that was SOOOO two months ago, and now I want him or Rumsfield or whomever fired" schtick.

And so Louisville is now solidly liberal. We have a Jewish Democratic Mayor, a democratic city council, and now, finally, a liberal Congressman.

My goal is for Louisville to become the New New Orleans. Seriously. We have 4 am alcohol, we have a crumbling romantic historic district, we have riverboats and ghosts and ne'er-do-wells. What more does a convention town need?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ivan Grozny said...

Ive always wanted to be a ne'er-do-well, but I seem to be doing well at the moment.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home