Sunday, August 27, 2006

This Statement Is Baffling

I have been following Hurricane/Not Hurricane Ernesto today, and was completely baffled when I read this statement in USA Today online:

"The storm weakened from hurricane status back to tropical storm status due to interaction with Haiti on Sunday afternoon. "

Interaction with Haiti? What does that mean? Do the Haitian officials have some sort of power over the weather?

"Yes, this is Haiti, how can I help you? Oh.....I see. You wish to be a hurricane. Oh dear, I'm terribly sorry but that just isn't possible at this time. I'm sorry....yes, I understand that a tropical storm is not as attractive an option.....Yes......Mmm hhh.......Oh, I do understand, but really, it's important that you realize that we get literally hundreds of requests each year, and to give them all equal consideration would......What? Oh. Yes, I cetainly do understand your predicament Mr. Ernesto, but our decision is final. You may, of course, write a letter of protest to our National Assembly. However I must advise you that the chance of them overriding this decision is slim. Thank you Mr. Ernesto. Give our best to Florida. Good day, sir"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home