Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Is It Any Wonder That I, Kathleen, and PatSue Are Bitter?

These pictures are from a 1950 article in Mechanix Illustrated. It describes in detail what life will be like in 2000 AD. I would like to point out that I do not have the luxury of hosing down my furniture. And I am not quite sure if an "electronic stove" is the same as a microwave. 75 seconds to cook a dinner is awfully fast, even by microwave standards. But the "electronic stove" is much bigger than a microwave, so maybe it is also much faster. I like the slot where you insert the food.

The article also goes on in much detail about how the denizens of 2000 AD will all be flying to work in their private helicopters. Once again, at the risk of sounding (more) bitter, I must point out that I do not have a helicopter.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if any of this stuff had been invented...California would have had it first.
Still waiting for my flying car.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how does she hose down her home without putting out the cig in the ashtray?

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home