Sunday, January 21, 2007

I Haven't Posted Much Lately....

...because I have actually been busy this week. What with showing the house, making an offer on the new house and having every job opportunity that I have been working on over the last three months deciding to all call me to schedule interviews RIGHT NOW, I have suddenly gone from bored and lethargic to overworked and stressed.

Plus I had to visit the Medieval Barber this week, made a mistake in my checking account, and everyone who has ever visited here is trying to schedule one last visit to the Nice House On Goddard Ave. before we sell it. That part is actually cool. It makes me happy to know that everyone loves this house as much as I do.

But to update you on the house sale thing, we have an open house today, so please think good thoughts, keep your fingers crossed and perhaps chant something, light some candles, and invoke They Who Live Beyond Time, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

The New House is really cool. It is a Victorian Bungalow, and has all of the weird little quirks that you would expect of a house specifically designed to be as formal and uncomfortable as possible. It has a tiny formal front parlor for receiving guests, and David has promised that if we get this house I can design and furnish a real Victorian parlor. I have already enlisted Kathleen, and we are going to shop for furniture that requires you to perch awkwardly on the edge of your seat in restrictive clothing, whilst balancing a wee cup of tea and a dainty sandwich and making stilted conversation.

The Victorians were such fun!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But then we'll go behind closed doors and bugger one another with our prigs until we spend copiously.

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home