Sunday, February 11, 2007

Regional Food That I LIke

Let's get back to the concept that Food is one of the last truly regional items. Now that America has been take over by Macy's, cuisine is one of the last hold outs. There is food pretty much everywhere that you can't get anywhere else.

Here are some of my favorites:

Boston: Brown bread in a can, Indian pudding.
Philadelphia: Amish pretzel with mustard, apple dumpling, white pizza
Bakersfield: Smith's Cookies, Dewar's Chews
San Diego: Three rolled tacos with guacamole, machaca burrito with sour cream
Louisville: Hot brown, benedictine
Austin: Mexican Martini
Seattle: Coffee Stout
Madison: Brats and Beer
Whitehall: Fish Boil
Salt Lake City: Scones
Key West: Conch fritters, Key Lime Pie
Paris: Crepes
Brussels: Waffles, Chocolate
Mexico City: Churros and chocolate, Pepitos
Puebla: Mole, Chile en Nogada
Buenos Aires: Empanadas
Owensboro: Burgoo
Chicago: Pierogies

I'm sure there are more. I will update. Please make your own lists!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ivan Grozny said...

Boston: Eggplant Parm subs

Chicago: Stuffed crust pizza (Spinach and Pineapple)

Koln Germany: Potato pancake w/ apple sauce

London: English Breakfast (Eggs, Baked beans, Fried Mushroom, fried tomato)

Isle of Capri, Italy: Spagetti with Calamari

Manta, Ecuador: Fried plantain chips (tastes like banana flavoured potato chips.)

5:03 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I cannot believe that you like the English Breakfast. I think it is the second most disgusting breakfast in the world.

The first most digusting is the Japanese breakfast. Rice, undercooked runny egg, bean-snot, miso soup. Really, the worst.

But the English Breakfast is a contender.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Ivan Grozny said...

I like beans. I would actually leave the eggs out of the breakfast if I could. Why does eveyone always have eggs for breakfast?

I dont get it.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home