Thursday, April 26, 2007

And They're Off!

Hello Everyone! It's Derby in Louisville. It's a lot like Mardi Gras.

We will all be drunk for the next week and a half.

The best part is that I AM BEING PAID to host a bar at the Derby Festival. I get as many free drinks as I want. My job is to be fun and entertaining and witty. I might be up to the task.

Plus, this weekend I am flying to Chicago for Joe's big 30.

And, Aaron arrives in Louisville on Saturday. He is moving here which is the best thing that has happened to me in a long time.

It's actually pretty amazing how Louisville just grinds to a halt because of Derby. Every job I've applied for, every contact, every group I volunteer with has said "We'll get back to you after Derby". And they mean it.

So, just remember. It's Derby in Louisville. Any phone call you get from Kentucky will be a drink-and-dial.

You have been warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home