Thursday, October 19, 2006

Girl Impaled By Fish Nose Struggles To Regain Voice

Hah!

More proof that I am (as usual) right!

That whole Leaping Stingray thing reminded me of another story and I went and looked it up. The headline above is real. I did not make it up. From the St Petersburg Times , May 21, 2000:

" Stephanie is the 17-year-old Sickles High School junior who was stabbed in the neck by a sharp-nosed houndfish while snorkeling at Big Pine Key....

Now she faces weeks of speech therapy and maybe more surgery to improve her faltering voice.

Stephanie was standing in chest-deep water when a houndfish flew out of the water and stabbed her in the neck with its spearlike nose. The fish's barbed bill broke off in her neck and had to be surgically removed."

Aaagghhh!

They ARE after us! Did you see what it said? The stupid pointy-nosed fish "flew" out of the water!

Next time I get on a boat I am going to wear my Pointy-nosed Fish Neck Guard and a Stingray-Proof vest. Especially in Big Pine Key which I have visited and will visit again because Janet lives there. Oh great, another thing to worry about at Janet's. She already has snakes and geckos and alligators. Now I have to worry about flying Pointy-Nosed Fish as well.

Also do you realize that this Stephanie will spend the rest of her life known as "Girl Impaled By Fish Nose"?

Although it may only be kind of awkward in English. It's probably a really pretty name in Eskimo or Cherokee or Hawaiian or something.

"Hi, I'm Stan! What's your name?"

"Elikamelimala."

"Oh, that's pretty! I've never heard that name before"

"It's Hawaiian"

"Really, does it mean anything?"

"Girl Impaled By Fish Nose"

"Oh, I see...Can I call you Ellie?"



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home