Friday, December 01, 2006

More About Manila

After reading about the red-hot boulders that were falling out of the Phillipine skies, I decided to read up on Manila. It seemed prudent for me to know when it was the Raining Red-Hot Boulder Season, should I ever decide to travel there.

While reading Wikipedia about Manila, I came across the following:

"Manila got its name from may nilad, Tagalog for "there is nilad," in reference to the flowering mangrove plant that grew on the marshy shores of the bay"

I am not sure exactly what a flowering mangrove looks like, but I didn't let that stop me from drawing a picture of the founding of Manila. Since I think that the first people to shriek "There Is Nilad!" might have been pirates or bucaneers, I have drawn the clothing in a stripedy manner to reflect that.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home