Saturday, December 02, 2006

So Last Night I Drank Too Much Wine

I went, as promised, to my event in downtown Louisville. There was free wine everywhere, so I drank it. By ten p.m. I was home in bed.

When did that happen? When did "too much wine" translate into "home in bed by 10pm"?

I used to go out all night. I used to drink so much that I vomited in the gutter and then went back for another round.

And, I felt like shit today. I felt light-headed, and shaky, and nauseous, and head-achy and I had to go to the store and get Alka-Seltzer (actually Best Choice Effervescent Pain Relief, the store brand), and the worst part was that I was hungry and nauseous at the same time, so I wanted to eat but the thought of food made me want to barf.

And let's just think about this a second. It was "too much wine" that kicked my ass to the curb. Not "too much tequila" or "too much vodka" or "too much LSD with a meth chaser". No.

Just wine.

I am turning into my grandmother as we speak.

On the plus side, I bought a Virgin of Guadalupe Belt Buckle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home