Thursday, February 01, 2007

Mild Superpowers

On the Dilbert Blog, (which I hope you read), Scott Adams writes about Mild Superpowers. He points out that real Superpowers are things like making fire shoot out of your eyes, or making time stand still, or getting Lindsay Lohan to sober up.

Anyway, he goes on to talk about Mild Superpowers. Here is the quote:

"A mild super power would be, for example, the ability to regenerate extra toilet paper on a roll that is almost out, or the ability to know exactly how long to microwave leftovers, or the ability to scratch the middle of your own back. Those are just examples. "

This is great! Because I have a couple of Mild Superpowers.

First, I can find the Obvious Flaw in any plan. This has been a problem in my job career. Because I have found out that the last thing any overpaid, underqualified Manager *** wants to hear is "I'm sorry, but that is illegal in 12 states."

But I have another Mild Superpower. I can hold a cocktail upright, and not spill a drop, no matter how inebriated I am. My friends in San Diego used to say that I was like a gyroscope. I could fall face down on the floor and not a drop would be spilled.

Small talents, both, but obviously Mild Superpowers.

What are your Mild Superpowers?

*** Tauna Reneau, Michael Coleman, and a host of others too numerous to mention.

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Perhaps this is why people found Kathleen and I to be a totally terrifying combo. I would say "No, that won't work because of this obvious reason that you were too completely stupid and worthless to notice", and then Kathleen would say "And here is what you are going to do instead, and your opinions, feelings and/or wounded ego are of no interest to me."

And then we would take them all to a bar, drink them under the table, and mock them soundly when they spilled.

A fearsome Mild Superpower Duo indeed!

6:57 PM  
Blogger David House said...

My super power is to never overreact to any situation. This is why I'm such a good nurse when they let me be one. Cardiac arrest? No need to run around screaming, just start CPR for goodness sake. Two code blues at the same time, well then I guess you're not getting lunch. Where does this get me into trouble? It goes hand in hand with not careing about consequences. You can threaten me with any punishment or horrible result and I'll shrug it off and do as I please anyway. This tends to get me fired alot.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my mild superpowers is the ability to find yummy food anywhere. I can pick the one decent restaurant in a 50 mile radius. I quickly acquire an entourage in tour groups. Of course, the ultimate expression of this power is that I married a chef. Dennis once had a friend as well with the cocktail gyroscope. He witnessed her fall off a diving board into a swimming pool without spilling her drink....amazing. I also hold the hospital record for most patients taking showers with complex medical equipment attached to their persons...this is reason #263 why I endeavour to tie all my patients to their beds.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home