Thursday, September 21, 2006

"Tainted Greens"

That's what they called the recalled spinach in USA Today. "Tainted greens"

*******************************************************************

"Oh Clive, my darling, my love , my passionate fool. How happy am I today?"

"I know not my Jasmine, my one and only, my love, but I am sure that I am equally as happy."

"Oh Clive, I wanted this to be the best anniversary yet!"

"And you have succeeded my love, for here we are at "Popeye's Bistro", the restaurant where we had our first date. Do you remember how wonderful it was to find a restaurant that served only our favorite greens: Spinach!"

"Oh, how we both love spinach! Fresh spinach, all bejewled with the first drops of dew from a summer's morn. Cooked spinach, all goodly, healthy greenness, steamed with just a hint of prosciutto and served atop a salmon grilled all afresh in the crisp mountain air!"

"Spinach souffle! Spinach spanakopita! Spinach puree! What could be more healthy, more nutritious than nature's own bounteous greens?."

"And how sweet of you, Clive, to order ahead the Chef's Special Baby Spinach salad, lovingly prepared with spinach flown is specially from California. As we entered the restaurant tonight, I saw the table, the candles, the flowers! I knew that were in for night of rapture and bliss. Oh how I devoured that salad, each tender leaf reminding me of you and... that....night.....Oh, my."

"Is something amiss my love? You look a tad pale."

"Oh, I am sure it is nothing. I just....oh my....oh dear!"

"Jasmine, my love, my angel, I beg you to not worry your picture-perfect head, but I can see a commotion in the restaurant behind you, and I fear we must depart immediately for our abode."

"I do feel a bit.....unsightly, my dearest most darling Clive....but perhaps after a moment I'll feel.....better....."

"No, my most precious Jasmine, I am afraid you will not. For I am also afflicted with the same malady, as are many diners that surround us. Quickly, my love, quickly! Thank the stars that we live just around the corner. Thank the heavens above that we have two personal hygiene areas awaiting us. But we must be off!"

"Oh no, Clive, no!, I fear I begin to see what this is all about. My queasiness, my dizziness are all soon to be overshadowed by more hideous and embarrassing issues, are they not, Clive? Oh, I pray you Clive, tell me I am mistaken!'

"Sadly, my love you are correct.....and...we.....must leave in haste."

"Oh please, oh no, oh dear tell me it's not....!"

"It is, it is,! Oh, Jasmine, it is! Oh dear God, it's what we fear most........Tainted Greens!"

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexis said...

This is awesome! I added it to Trashwire on the front page.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home