Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Just Because

That's why I'm posting this photo. Just because. This is a picture of my Grandmother in the 1920's. I have always loved it. They all look really happy and they seem to be having a good time. And I also love the fact that the little guy in the front is clearly a Bad Boy.

I like to imagine that my great-grandparents didn't approve of him because they thought that he was a ne'er-do-well, a rapscallion, or a cad. Or maybe a bounder. He might have enticed my grandmother to cut a rug. Maybe they yelled 23-SKIDOO! right before they went to a speakeasy. He probably liked to do the Charleston.

In case you are wondering, this is not my Grandfather. Nor is the other guy. This is just my Grandmother being young in the 1920's.

I really love this picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home