Thursday, October 26, 2006

A Lovely Appetizer You May Wish To Make For Your Next Party

This is Apple-Tuna Mousse, from my Low Calorie Cookbook. I won't give out the entire recipe, but I think it's important you know that it starts with lemon gelatin (of course).

The weird thing about the Low Calorie Cookbook is that most of the stuff is neither low-calorie nor healthy. For example, they have a recipe for a Root-Beer Float that calls for "low calorie root beer". But it still has the ice cream. Because it is clearly the root beer that will make you gain weight.

Many of the recipes also call for mysterious ingredients. One calls for "imitation cream cheese". That one is new to me. Another mentions "6 slices of diet toast".

Perhaps the worst recipes are the diet beverages. Did you ever think of making a drink consisting of vegetable juice cocktail, tea, cinnamon and oranges? I didn't think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home